What are the things to keep in mind about the Public Guardian in Los Angeles?
- The Public Guardian is an arm of the County of Los Angeles.
- While the office is charged with the duty of guarding the public, it does not operate like a business.
- It takes a long time for the Public Guardian to investigate conservatorship cases.
- The employees of the Public Guardian are good people who are just trying to help.
- Kindness goes a long way when your family is involved with the employees of the Public Guardian.
- You must be able to manage your frustration directed at the situation, and not direct it towards the Public Guardian.
- The Courts and judges sometimes prefer the Public Guardian to feuding siblings in conservatorship cases.
- The services of the Public Guardian in conservatorship cases is not free. The Public Guardian files a petition in court to get paid a fee from the assets in the cases to which they have been assigned. The lawyers for the Public Guardian are called County Counsel.
- The Public Guardian performs a very important service in Los Angeles, which is to protect those who cannot protect themselves . To get more information about the Public Guardian, call Mina Sirkin. Mina Sirkin has been a conservatorship attorney in Los Angeles County since 1992. We can help you resolve problems and get you appointed as the conservator. Call 818.340.4479 or Email to: Info@SirkinLaw.com