Estate Litigation and Planning go together. Any Woodland Hills estate planner at some point will be asked to litigate aspects of trusts and estates. Sometimes the disputed estate issues revolve around timely distributions from estates. Other times, the nature of the argument in the estate may be that someone believes he or she was treated unfairly.
Sources of animosities in estate and trust cases:
- A beneficiary’s belief that the distribution should have been done sooner.
- A beneficiary’s vision of what fairness should look like.
- A sense of entitlement.
- A sense that mother or father liked me better, or that she/he did not like my sibling.
- A sense that the person who took more care of the parent, should be paid more.
- Long term disputes between two beneficiaries stemming from childhood.
If your case fits into any of the above estate issues, planning can proper estate planning can make some, if not, all of the potential disputes more manageable. Call Mina Sirkin Estate Planning and Litigation Lawyer in Woodland Hills, California at 818-340-4479 or email us.